Infographics for ThinkWild
About the Client
Think Wild is a 501(c) non-profit organization based in Bend, Oregon that was founded in 2016. Think Wild’s Wildlife Hospital and Conservation Center opened in 2020 to provide medical care for injured and orphaned native wildlife from Central and parts of Eastern Oregon.
About the project
Wild animals have unique nutritional, feeding, care, and rehabilitation requirements, and help from a qualified and licensed wildlife rehabilitator ensures their best chance for survival.
Springtime gives birth to an abundance of baby wildlife, which means an abundance of calls to the ThinkWild hotline! The staff asked us to create a few infographics to help educate and inform the public.
ThinkWild started creating the infographics on their own in Canva.
We made 2 major changes:
1. Reformat the flowchart to horizontal. People who find baby animals often only have their phone with them, so a mobile-friendly format is more helpful than a print-out.
2. Ditch the only-brand-colors approach for more culturally obvious colors for the decision parts: green for yes and red for no. Brand colors can still be used in other places.
- Designed to be mobile-first: read quickly and easily without scrolling
- Straightforward and easy to follow decision paths
- Each infographic is equipped with clickable links for additional resources
- Highly visible and clear colors for the decision tree parts: green for yes and red for no.
- We created custom illustrations of the birds and beaver which can be used in future ThinkWild assets
- The infographics were designed in Canva so ThinkWild can make any future changes on their own without having to hire out for costly design services. This is so important for a non-profit with tight resources!